Wednesday, September 24, 2014

"Get To Know Em" - Rochester Ice Hawks - Nick Paulson

Forward - Nick Paulson #25 - Rochester Ice Hawks 

After 4 games the Rochester Ice Hawks are 4-0 and looking very good. A big part of their early success comes from 2nd year Forward Nick Paulson. In those 4 games he has scored 5 goals and assisted on 8 more. His 13 points leads the team and only trails the MnJHL leaders by 1. Last season Paulson played in 46 games scoring 16 goals and 23 assists. Of his 16 goals, 7 were game winners which speaks a lot about Nick's play on the ice. When the team needed a player to step up, Paulson answered the call. This season he is poised to be a great leader for a team that has high hopes for post season march to U.S. Nationals.


MnJHL - How old where you when you found out that hockey was the sport for you?
NP - I found out that hockey was my best and favorite sport in 8th grade after I quit football.

MnJHL - What other sports do you enjoy?
NP - I play a lot of golf in the summer, a couple of the guys like to throw the lacrosse ball around too. 

MnJHL - Been a short season thus far, but so far who’s the biggest jokester on the team?
NP - Biggest jokester on the team has to be little Logan Haskins.

MnJHL - Do you have a pre game ritual?
NP - I try not to have a ritual, I like to play some lacrosse with Josh Gresko, but that's about it. 

MnJHL - What’s your favorite snack that you can’t resist?
NP - Favorite snack has to be a what cha ma call it.

MnJHL - If we were to look through your music files, what would we find most of? 
NP - Lots of country and a little bit of rap. 

MnJHL - Who’s been your biggest mentor during your hockey career?
NP - My dad has helped me a lot with hockey and transitioning positions.

MnJHL - Who do you turn to for advice on the team?
NP - I got to Vinni Susi because he's the most veteran. 

MnJHL - What’s something about you that you’d like people to know that they may not already?
NP - That I got dg'd my senior year of golf sectionals for a scorecard error. 

MnJHL - Finish this sentence, the best single word to describe me is _________ ?
NP - Laid back.

No comments:

Post a Comment